Quote of the day💕💕
Raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens, brown paper packages tided up with string these are a few of my favourite things.
Anyone else sing that? No just me? Okay.
Today I’m going to be telling you a few of my favourite things.
As you may have guessed from the start one of my favourite things is musicals.
I can’t tell you my favourite musical because I honestly don’t know but some of my favourites are:
-The Greatest showman
-The Sound Of Music
Dance. I have done dance for 10 years and I am now doing ballet, tap and musical theatre.
The next thing I love is a clothing item. Jumpsuits, playsuits, whatever you want to call them. I began to like jumpsuits when I went to London and bought a jumpsuit there. That is also what began the love for my favourite shop.
Zara. It’s my favourite shop hands down. Sadly I don’t have one where I live so I have to go the other end of the country to get stuff from there.
England. The only place in England I’ve been is London and it was amazing, I hope I get an opportunity to travel more around England in the future.
Harry Potter. This might explain part of my love for England. I first read the Harry Potter books probably about six years ago and I loved them. Going on the studio tour and getting to see the model of Hogwarts was probably the best moment of my life.
Lastly my cat. She’s the fluffiest, cutest thing I have ever seen, she also has a massive fluffy tail.
So those are a few of my favourite things comment below what your favourite things are!
Happy new year everyone! I hope this is a great year for you all!
So I’m really bad at sticking to goals but I thought this year I’d give my self a variety of goals to work at so here they are!
1. Finish Les Misérables by the end of the year. I got the book for Christmas and it is so long (about 1130 pages) so the book itself is quite heavy and I get so tired reading it because I feel like I’m going to drop it on my face😂
2. Get all three of my splits. I’ve had my right splits for a couple of years and yesterday I got my left ones but it has been a goal of my to get all three for ages.
3. Exercise more regularly.
4. Eat more fruit and vegetables.
5. Keep more in contact with friends that I don’t see very often.
6. Be able to consistently do double pirouettes.
7. Read a bigger variety of books.
8. Come up with and stick to a skincare routine.
9. Get a stronger core
10. Only buy the things I REALLY need.
11. Drink more water.
12. Be outside more during term time, not just the holidays.
13. Get 3000 followers on Instagram.
14. Post weekly on this blog.
15. Try a new hobbies.
16. Not be on my iPad as much, especially before bed.
17. Take more photos.
18. Don’t procrastinate!
These are my goals for this year, I’ll be doing monthly updates on them and the progress I’ve made.
Comment any new year goals or resolutions you have!
I’m going to be driving to my grandparents place in the weekend which is roughly nine hours away. Being in a car for long periods of time can be so boring so I thought I’d give you some tips to make it slightly more bearable.
1. Have lots of food and water. It can be so uncomfortable if you are in the middle of nowhere and you have no food or water. I mean if your in a car and your driving you’ll get to a town eventually but it can make the trip seem shorter if your not hungry or thirsty.
2. Have some kind of entertainment if your driving obviously focus on the road but as a passenger things can get real boring real fast. If you can sleep, it passes the time so much faster. If you can read or do some kind of activity without getting sick do that. I usually can’t read of watch movies in the car so I usually just listen to music. Have a good playlist you can listen to will help, not a playlist with random music.
3. Make the most of stops. When you stop in a town to get lunch or go to the toilet make the most of it. You don’t know how much longer you’ll have to go with a stop. When you get lunch if it’s a nice day sit outside or walk around it’ll make you feel better if you’ve been in a car all day.
4. Wear comfortable clothes. It is going to be awful sitting in a car all day in something you’re not comfortable in. You don’t need to look amazing hardly anyone will see because you’ll be in the car the whole time.
5. If nothing is working for you just enjoy the scenery.
I hope some of these tips are helpful comment below if you have anything you do on long car trips that make them better.
I have a really funny story. I’m quite bad at retelling story’s so I apologise if I make it not funny.
So a couple of Fridays ago me and a friend went to the movie wonder. This is the first stupid thing we did. The food at the movies is always really over priced. We walked to the dairy and we got drinks which were cheap and then went to get lollies. The chocolate bars were a few dollars each and packets of lollies were 3 or 4 dollars. This was the first time we realised we were idiots, ten minutes earlier we had been at Kmart and had not bought anything, lollies at Kmart are between 1 and 2.50 dollars. By now it was too late to go back to Kmart so we bought the over priced lollies.
The second thing that happened was that I bought us a large popcorn to share and she was going to pay me half of the price. The half price was something like this 3 or 4 dollars and 45 cents. In New Zealand there are no one or two cent coins so she spent a few minutes trying to work out how to give me five cents but she just gave me ten and we went into the theatre.
Everything was going really well until half way through the movie. The popcorn was resting on my arm. You can probably guess what happened next. Yep, I moved my arm and the box of popcorn fell upside down on the floor. Over half of the popcorn ended up on the floor in front of us and under the chair in front of us. The pile of popcorn on the floor was so large that most of the popcorn wasn’t touching the floor. So we ate the stuff not touching the floor. At this point we were both dying of laughter. She put the popcorn beside her and forgot about it until nearly the end of the movie. Then we ate it like normal people without getting it on the floor.
I feel kinda bad for the poor person who can to clean the theatre because there was A LOT of popcorn under that chair.
Hey! Today I’m going to be telling you 10 of my favourite songs at the moment, this list was really hard to narrow down so I’ll only have one song from each artist and then there’ll be more of a variety of songs (maybe, hopefully).
10. Merry Christmas Everyone -Shakin’ Stevens
9. Last Christmas -Wham
8. Homemade Dynamite -Lorde
7. Gorgeous -Taylor Swift
6. Defying Gravity -Kristen Chenoweth and Idina Menzel
5. Praying -Kesha
4. We’re not gonna take it -Twisted Sister
3. Hopelessly devoted to you -Olivia Newton-John
2. Hold on -Extreme Music
1. I know things now -Lilla Crawford
Comment one of your favourite songs below or any song recommendations!
I’m going to be doing a blog post everyday leading up to Christmas from now on. Today I thought I’d do the Christmas Tag. Here are some questions I’m answering, if you want to answer them comment below some answers!
1. What’s your favourite thing about Christmas?
2. What is my favourite Christmas memory?
3. Are there any special traditions your family has for Christmas?
4. What’s you favourite Christmas dish?
5 What’s your favourite Christmas decoration?
6. What’s your favourite Christmas song?
7. What’s your favourite Christmas movie?
8. Where do you usually celebrate Christmas?
1. One of my favourite things about Christmas is getting to see family or friends I haven’t seen in a long time. I find really fun having family reunions. Sometimes they can be really boring but all of my cousins are hardly ever in the same place. In fact I don’t think it’s happened in 10 years when there were three of us!
2. My favourite Christmas is that it was really hot and my uncle said he was bringing a water slide and all of us thought he was joking. An hour later he came back from the shop with an inflatable water slide. I have heaps of photos of us all going down it in ridiculous poses. Some people were in their clothes!
3. We don’t really have any traditions because we spend Christmas in different places each year. This one kind of pre-Christmas tradition we have. Every year on night my family will drive around our town looking at Christmas lights on peoples houses.
4. My favourite Christmas dish isn’t really confined to Christmas but a few things we have at Christmas that I LOVE are roast potatoes, pavlova and brandy snaps.
5. I have a few decorations on our tree that I love, there is a ballerina decoration and a gold ball that has an award from dance on it that I’m quite proud of which is pre pointe progress award. This is because most of my ballet class went on pointe this year but I wasn’t strong enough but at the start of next year I get pointe shoes. That was my main goal for this year so I’m proud I achieved it! We also have a glittery fawn that sits in the hallway. In general I also love wreaths.
6. Ahh this is so hard a couple that I currently really like are I’ll be home by Meghan Trainor and Last Christmas by Wham.
7. Definitely Love actually or Home Alone 1 or 2.
8. It changes where we celebrate Christmas sometimes we are at home, usually we are at my mums parents place but this year we are going to my dads parents place.
Answer some of these in the comments!
Hey guys sorry I haven’t posted in ages I’ve been really busy with end of year stuff but school is over now so I’ll be doing more blog posts.
Since it’s December I am going to do a post on Christmas gift ideas.
So sometimes thinking of a gift for people can be really challenging and these are just a few gifts I have gotten people in the last few years.
By the way I’m not just limiting these gifts to guy cousins or you mum or whatever you could get any of these for anyone.
Friends: I usually just get my friends food, jewellery or something that’s part of an inside joke.
Girl cousins: Something from lush, a book by their favourite author or actress, a sports ball, vouchers, their favourite movie or some lollies and chocolate.
Guy cousins: Warehouse voucher, lollies and chocolate, rugby ball, a book, last year I got one of my cousins a hatching dinosaur (fake obviously) or something involving art if they like things like that.
Siblings: I don’t have siblings but you could them anything that I have on the list for cousins or you could get something they have been hinting about for a long time.
Mum: Book, candle, chocolate or just ask her what she wants. This year my mum knows exactly what I got her because I asked her what she wanted because I had no idea what to get her.
Dad: I never know what to get my dad and he can be really vague with what her wants. So if you don’t know what to get ask him or just get him some kind of voucher like iTunes, warehouse or Mitre 10.
Let me know the comments if any of these we helpful or what you get your friends or family for Christmas and we can start another gift ideas thing in the comments!
Last year we travelled halfway across the world to London. It was an amazing place and if you get the chance definitely go!
On the 30th of June we landed in Heathrow, majorly jet lagged and really hungry. After waiting in a two hour customs line we were able to go and get food. Then we took the Subway to Paddington station and of course took a photo of the Paddington bear statue before heading to our hotel or it may have been a motel I’m not sure🤷🏼♀️
After that we went to Bath and Paris but I’ll go into more details about them in another post.
A week and a bit later…
We had a nice apartment and I was the only one who liked it but oh well. It was just down the road from Hyde park. One really hot day we went with my cousins to Hyde Park, went to the Diana Memorial Park and a carousel. None of the adults wanted to go on the carousel so I had to take everyone on it. Half way through on of my little cousins starts having a meltdown. Another one of them forgot that we moved as well so he got on a horse on the other side of the carousel and told his mum he’d catch up with us. Obviously he did not. After that we were all begging for ice cream even me so we went on a really long walk to the Diana Memorial Fountain and we found an ice cream cart. It was so hot most of the ice creams had melted before we got them back to everyone.
A highlight was going to the Warner Brothers Harry Potter studios. I’ve loved Harry Potter for ages and it was amazing to actually see everything. A funny story getting there, my dad was wondering why the train tickets were so expensive and it turned out that we’d accidentally bought first class!😂 It was only a 15 minute journey from Eusten to Watford, it was hot so we did arrive refreshed but we were all in shorts and tee shirts and the other people were business people in suits😂
We went on the Harry Potter walking tour and our tour guide was so funny. For the walking tour you go to where the leaky cauldron was filmed, the train station in the order of the Phoenix, the ministry of magic entrance and the millennium bridge just to name a few!
When we left I got stopped at security because I had Bertie Botts every flavour jelly beans and peppermint frogs in my bag😂
This was one of my dream holiday destinations what’s your dream travel destination? Blissblogger xx